Local Backup vs. Cloud Backup
Generally speaking, creating a backup copy for all your important files is a wise choice, because it helps you to restore data at any time even if it’s damaged somehow. There are two ways to create backups for your data, local backup and cloud backup.
Local backup is making a backup copy of your data using the free backup software to another local device, like a local internal or external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, NAS or network drive, and others. If your backups are located in local storage devices, you will be in a relatively dangerous situation because of disk failure, software corruption, virus attacks, and more.
Cloud backup is creating a backup copy with cloud backup software to the cloud storage, which prevents the threats from the local disk storage so that you can access the backups anytime and anywhere as long as you have an Internet connection.
Therefore, There are so many people who choose to create cloud backups, which allow you to backup your PC to cloud storage, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and other clouds for safekeeping. So, how to backup a computer to the cloud, here we will show you the detailed information.
Looking for the Best Cloud Backup for PC?
If you’re looking for the best cloud backup for PC, here you can find useful information. The best cloud backup can meet all the following requirements:
- 1. Expandable cloud storage. Typically, you have limited free cloud storage in this area, like 2GB, 5GB, 10GB, 15GB, varying according to the different cloud backup services.
- 2. Stable server. To make your backups stay safe, the server is quite important and must have the stable performance.
- 3. Professional encryption algorithm. Cloud storage service providers usually use 128-bit AES encryption, 256-bit AES encryption, end-to-end encryption, and secure authentication protocols, etc.
- 4. Offers different apps for various demands. You can enjoy apps, like a desktop app, web app, etc.
- 5. Supports many cloud storage services for more compatibility.
- 6. You can backup cloud data to another cloud directly without downloading and re-uploading.
According to the above important information, you can find the best cloud backup service on the market.
Best Free Online Computer Backup Service
To make it easy to choose the best free online computer backup services, here we strongly recommended trying the free cloud backup service – CBackup, which fully meets all the above requirements.
- CBackup supports mainstream clouds, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and many more, as well as its private cloud, named CBackup Cloud.
- It offers you the web app and desktop app so that you can run it on any devices.
- CBackup uses 256-bit AES encryption and a standard OAuth authorization system to safeguard your data.
- It’s very stable to perform cloud backup and have a quick transfer speed compared with other cloud backup service.
- You can expand the cloud storage in two ways, one is to combine two or more cloud storage to generate a huge cloud space, and another is to expand your cloud storage to 1TB or 5TB at a good price compared with mainstream clouds.
Step-by-step Guide to Backup PC to Cloud
How to backup PC to Cloud, here we will show you the steps to backup the computer to Google Drive with CBackup.
- 1. Please create a CBackup account and sign in after installing the CBackup desktop app.
- 2. Select Storage > Google Drive > Authorize Now in sequence.
Tips: If you would like to backup computer to Dropbox, or other clouds, just add them in the same way.
- 3. Tap Backup > Backup PC to Cloud in order.
- 4. Choose the computer files to backup, and tick Google Drive as the target. Tap Settings (bottom left) > Scheduler to enable automatic Google Drive backup.
- 5. Press the Start Backup button to back up the computer to the cloud automatically.
Wait for a while, it will be finished quickly. Besides, you can enjoy other useful features of CBackup, like syncing files to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and more, and migrate everything or selected items from one cloud to another cloud automatically.
Now, you might find the best free cloud backup service to back up your PC to Cloud in a safe and direct way. Just follow the requirements and the information to find the one that suits you best.