Omegle is a social media-like platform where you can connect with strangers from all over the world via video call and text. This platform is free to use and can be accessed by any browser on your computer and mobile. Omegle comes with a video call and text feature, but you can’t flip the camera during an Omegle chat, other video chatting apps offer this feature.
But there are some alternate ways to flip the camera easily on your device while chatting with strangers.
So let’s see how to flip the camera on Omegle.
How to flip the camera on Omegle on Mobile
There are different methods to flip the camera on the Omegle website on mobile. To do that, Opera is the perfect browser to perform this method.
Step 1 – Download Opera Browser on your Android/iPhone or iPad
Google Chrome and Safari browsers are the most widely used browsers on Android and iPhone. But you can’t flip the Omegle camera using these browsers. But using the Opera browser, you can flip the camera on Omegle on your Android or iOS device.
Firstly you will have to download the Opera browser from the Google Play Store or App Store as per your respective device.
Step 2 – Set up the Back Camera on Omegle
- Open the Opera browser and type the Omegle website URL in the address bar of the Opera browser (omegle.com)
- Click on the Video option, you will get that on the home screen of the Omegle website
- A new window will pop up in which the user has to check the boxes to accept the terms and conditions
- Now select the “Confirm and continue” option to proceed further
- A new window will open in front of you in which the browser will request permission to access your camera and microphone and you have to give the permission
- Click on Allow
- When you will be using the Omegle for the first time it will ask for various permissions. Only for the first time, the permissions will be asked.
- Once you grant the permissions, the Opera browser will ask users for various
- Now you have to choose between front and back camera
- After selecting the preferred camera(back or front), you can now start video chat with strangers on Omegle
How to flip the camera on Omegle on a Laptop
By default, you can’t flip the camera on Omegle, especially on Windows computers or Macbooks. But if you have connected the webcam, then you can invert it.
- Launch the Google Chrome on your computer
- Visit the Omegle website and click on Video
- If you allowed the webcam access by default, then you can invert the camera while you start with the others
- If the primary camera of your Laptop is working, then you must switch it to a webcam
- Now click on the video icon on the address bar and choose Manage
- Under the permission section – go to Camera
- Finally, click on the drop-down menu and choose your webcam. Once you switch the camera, you can invert it
You can use the webcam support on your computer and follow similar steps to chat on Omegle.
So this was the complete guide on how to flip a camera on Omegle on a mobile device or on a computer.