Do you own a smart Android TV at your home? If yes and your TV is not functioning properly or the apps on your Android. Then you should clear the cache on your Android TV. Cache affects the performance of the TV and at regular intervals of time, we should clear the cache on Android TV to boost its performance.
Clearing the cache also frees up some space on your Android TV so that you can install some extra apps on your TV. Also, you can clear the cache of individual apps, which enhances the overall performance of the app.
Whenever we update the software of our Android TV or update the apps, it’s good to clear cache after updating the apps or the software.
If you want to improve the performance of your Android TV by clearing the cache, then you should also clear the cache of your Android TV. How to clear the cache of Android TV here in this article we will discuss.
When you can clear the cache on Android TV
If you downloaded a lot of apps on your Android TV recently, updated the software of the TV, or used so many apps then you can clear the cache on Android TV
Clear the cache after every system update, because system software update creates a lot of cache
If you are facing a problem in streaming a particular app on your Android TV, then you can clear the cache data of that app
Whenever you find that your TV performance is lagging, then you can clear the cache to improve the performance of your Android TV
How to remove the Cache on Android TV
To remove the cache on Android TV, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Android home screen and click on the Settings icon
- Click on Device Performance and tap on the Storage option
- Now click on the Cached Data option from the Internal Shared Storage
- Click on OK in the opening window and tap on OK to confirm
How to clear cache data of Apps on Android TV
Now let’s see the process of how to clear the cache of apps on your Android TV
- Click on the Settings icon in the top right corner of your TV screen
- Tap on the Apps menu and a list of your recently used apps will appear here
- Click on the See All option and tap on the Show system apps/ Apps
- Select the desired app to clear the cache of that particular app
- Click on the Clear cache option and click on the OK button
- Now click on Clear data select Clear Cache and click on it
How to delete cache data of the app from the home screen
Now, how to clear the cache of the app from the home screen of Android TV
- Tap on the All Apps button using the Android TV remote
- Click on the app that you want to clear the app cache and data
- Press and hold the OK button and a pop-up menu will display on your TV screen
- Tap on the Info option from that menu
- And click on the Clear Cache and Clear App Data option
Another method to clear cache on Android TV
Now let’s see the alternate way to remove the cache file from Android TV. To do this you will need to uninstall the unwanted apps from your Android TV, because of this you can free up some storage space on your Android TV.
- Tap on All Apps using your Android TV remote – Choose the App – Press OK – Uninstall
Note: In case still your Android TV is not performing, update the apps on your TV or check for a system software update. And if there is any system update available for your device, update it.